farmstros can be reached at farmstros@yahoo.com

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Four Draft Picks Today for Houston

Thanks to the Crawfish Boxes for the officical information on when the Astros pick today.

The first three rounds of the draft will begin tonight at 5 pm(Central). Houston has four picks...

1st Round(21st over-all)-Jiovanni Mier, SS, High School(California)
2nd Round(69th)-Tanner Bushue, RHP, High School(Illinois)
3rd Round(100th)-Telvin Nash, OF, High School(Georgia)
3rd Round Supplemental(111th)-Jonathan Meyer,3B, High School(California)
*The Astros received this pick as compensation for their failure to sign third round pick Chase Davidson last summer.

Farmstros will be updating the Astros Draft Class through Thursday

2 comments:

Snake Diggity said...

From what I can tell, rounds 1-8 are the most likely to produce future MLBers. I'd like to see 3 LHP, 1 RHP, 2 SS/2B, and and 2 OF/1B/3B, all HS guys.

Kelsey said...

I'm not sure how excited to be about this draft because, I don't know anything about any of these players. Although I didn't know much about any of last years picks, I now have come to like them alot. From what I've heard about Mier is more glove than bat but, I did hear a young Nomar comp. Hopefully the bat is eventually above average.