farmstros can be reached at farmstros@yahoo.com

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Send Farmstros to the Minor League MVP Ceremony

Note: My hat is in my hand as I type this

The Astros have announced that they will be honoring the MVPs of their minor league affiliates prior to the October 2 game at Minute Maid Park. I have been making every effort to get to that event, since I live about 10 miles from Minute Maid Park and I follow the Astros of the Future. However, Farmstros is a low-budget venture and I have spent all my funds on magnets and bribes to get Lee Street a press pass in Portland. All my attempts to get free access to this event through the Astros offices have been thwarted. I even wrote directly to Mr. McClane to request a POET's PASS to the event, but have not received a reply as of today.

So now, I turn to you my readers...

Here's is what I would like to do at the event:

I would like to go, take pictures, and attend the pre-game autograph party the Astros are holding in conjunction with the event. My hope is that doing this will inspire me to write a poem to wrap up the 2010 season. In addition, I'd love the chance to meet Jordan Lyles. Of course, I will share the entire adventure with you my readers.

Here is what I need:

I need to take my family to this event:

I will soak in the atmosphere, take notes and maybe even sernade a few players.

My wife is much better with a camera than I, so she would serve as photographer.

My son will serve as the interpreter so I can talk to Francisco Baso and Jose Perdomo.

My daughter will get insights from the Express and Hooks mascots who are slated to be at the event.

I have enough left in my budget to cover parking. This means I need $120 to cover this event. The Astros are offering tickets to the game and access to the autograph party for $30 a person.

Please contact me via email if you are willing to help out with this project farmstros@yahoo.com

Thank You for your consideration

No comments: