farmstros can be reached at farmstros@yahoo.com

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Homers for Houston


For several seasons, this blog has supported a Houston-based charity called the Houston Food Bank. This organization's mission is "Leading the Fight Against Hunger".

As the minor league season draws to a close, I invite you to participate in an online event called HOMERS FOR HOUSTON.

Over the final two weeks of the 2011 season, the Astros minor league teams have 81 games scheduled. Please consider pledging a set amount to donate to the Houston Food Bank for every home run that the affiliates hit during those 81 games. (If you choose to participate in this event, you can contribute directly through the Houston Food Bank website.)

Farmstros will contribute $5 for every HOMER FOR HOUSTON.

I realize that many readers of this blog don't live in the Houston area. If you would feel more comfortable supporting a hunger relief organization that serves your area or a charity that you are more familiar with, I encourage you to do that as well.

I am truly grateful for the opportunity to share my love of baseball and the Astros' farm system with my loyal readers, and I appreciate your consideration of this cause which is important to me.

Thanks

No comments: