farmstros can be reached at farmstros@yahoo.com

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Kevin Chapman Should be Familiar to Hooks Fans

If new acquistion Kevin Chapman breaks camp with Corpus Christi next month, he won't need to be introduced to fans at Whataburger Field when the Hooks open the season against Northwest Arkansas on April 5. The left-handed reliever who the Astros received from Kansas City in Tuesday's trade was part of one of the most memorable Hooks' home games of the 2011 season.

On July 12, Chapman took the mound in the bottom of the 8th inning of a 3-3 ballgame. The Hooks loaded the bases against Chapman with two outs, setting the stage for Chris Wallace's pinch hit grand slam, which proved to be a game-winner in the contest. Wallace's blast drove home Brandon Wikoff, Jimmy Paredes, and J.D. Martinez.

Thanks to @HooksFanSarah who was at the game and told me about it on Twitter.

3 comments:

hooksfan said...

This is one of my best moments from last season. I'm the guy with the backpack on the berm. I had a guy offer me $100.00 for the ball which I refused. I'll take the history associated with the ball (first pinch hit grand slam in team history).

farmstros said...

Did you get Wallace to sign it?

hooksfan said...

Wallace did sign it.