farmstros can be reached at farmstros@yahoo.com

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

It Will be Weird to Not Hear Jeff Lasky on Opening Night

As much as I am looking forward to Opening Day tomorrow, with all four of the Astros' affiliates kicking off their seasons, I am not looking forward to not hearing Jeff Lasky calling the final game of the four from California.

My home is quietest late at night, and, as a result, I listen to more minor league games in the wee hours than any other time over the course of the baseball season. In the three seasons since the Astros moved their High A affiliate to Lancaster, I have had numerous opportunities to hear Jeff Lasky call JetHawks' games. However, after six seasons in Lancaster, Jeff Lasky has moved on. Jeff is "taking the summer off at the moment, unless something else comes up."

I'm not sure if I will be able to listen to some of the earlier games on Opening Day, but I do plan to check in on the JetHawks and their new voice, Jason Schwartz, when the club travels to High Desert tomorrow at 9 p.m.(Minute Maid Park) I am sure it will be fun to listen to the first game of the season, but it is going to take me some time getting used to not hearing Jeff Lasky.

No comments: